Friday, September 01, 2006

Tennis: Andre's Chances

S: Did you watch the Andre match? Unbelievable.


I: You bet I did. It was really amazing, especially for a 2nd round match. B. Becker from Germany next!

I'm glad Simmons gave it cred. He said it was the top sporting event of this year and I agree with him. I live and die with those points.

If he can somehow fight off the incredible back pain he has right now and defeat Becker, he's got Roddick next, which will probably be the end of the road, but of course will be looked at as the changing of the American guard. Look at the road Andre has if he keeps pulling off these uspets.

Roddick, Hewitt, Nadal, Federer.
All US Open winners but Nadal, right? And Nadal owns Andre and beat him at the last major. Yeah, tough road.


Yeah that'd be quite the gauntlet. I saw some clips of Nadal, he looks very impressive. Who else can hit a ball with that much pace and topspin with regularity?


Forehands - Roddick and Hewitt can. Back hands - Federer and Andre can. Both? No one. Though Federer, Andre, and Hewitt aren't that far off.

I hate Nadal. This is going to be a great rivalry. I wish an American could insert himslf as a 3rd powerhouse. I don't think Blake has that ceiling. Roddick has that ceiling, but doesn't have Blake's consistency.

No comments: