Friday, September 01, 2006

General: Federer vs. Roddick, Tiger

I: You gotta love Federer. Why do I love Federer but hate Tiger?


S: You like Federer because he's likeable, he's unassuming. He never over-celebrates. He's always humble and quiet. And what he does never seems that physically impossible. It honestly feels like you could go out and hit a backhand like that if you wanted to, he's so fluid to watch. Watch his feet when he plays, his footwork is amazing, like he never touches the ground. Lastly, you like Federer because his girlfriend is so much less hot than Elin. Plus we've been saturated with tiger for 8 to 9 years now.


You're spot on with Federer. What do you think of Roddick?


Roddick: I want to like him because he's American, but he's so easy to just feel apathy towards. When his big serve is going and his big forehand is too, I love watching him. Big servers are great to watch. But he's no ambassador to the sport as Federer is.


Not, not an ambassador. Rich hates him, I know that. But just like you, I love that big serve and forehand. It's crazy to watch him just pound the ball. Hewitt is like that with his ground strokes, too.

No comments: