Monday, February 19, 2007

NBA: All Star Recap

What I was right about: Celebrity Game, Rookie Challenge, Slam Dunk Contest

What I was kind of right about: 3 point shootout (Incorrect winner, but correct final three)

What I was dead wrong about: Skills Challenge, Barkley and THE ACTUAL ALL STAR GAME

Note on the Skills Challenge...why did we both talk ourselves out of Wade??


I know why I talked myself out of Wade. Because none of my predictions involved any analysis other than picking against Carrot Top and completely forgetting about what a physical freak Shawn Marion is.

On Sunday afternoon ESPN Classic was replaying the 1998 All-Star Game (MJ's last with the Bulls) and the contrast between that game and the one on Sunday night was striking. In 1998 people actually played defense. Weird. And Shawn Kemp was not only in a Cleveland Cavaliers uniform, he fit into a Cleveland Cavaliers uniform. Even weirder.

No comments: